The New Year is here and we are ready to challenge ourselves in beginning a healthy lifestyle.
At Sarasota Orthopedic Associates, this week marks the launch of our “Biggest Loser” 12 week staff challenge. We’ve designed a plan of weekly events to motivate #TeamSOA in a quest to lose pounds and get fit. During our first week we will calculate the group total goal of pounds we aim to lose, and, over the course of the challenge we will monitor our group progress. We KNOW we can accomplish this important mission!
If you plan on having your workplace organize a healthy lifestyle challenge, we’re sharing some of our ideas with you. Here are some highlights of our 12 week journey:
- Goal setting kickoff.
- Lunchtime group walks … the weather is perfect at this time of year in Florida for us to get outside in the fresh air!
- Weekly boot camps after work with our physical therapy team leaders.
- Weekly tips to keep us on track.
- Healthy recipes to share.
- Heart Healthy Potlucks– portion controlled!
- Discounts at local gyms and retail stores.
- Weekend friend walking groups.
- Weekly weigh-ins to track % loss.
- PRIZES for top the 3 Biggest Losers based on percentage weight loss.
- SUPPORTING EACH OTHER!
So how about it? Let’s get fit together. Follow and “like” us on our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/srqsoa or on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/soasrq to check our progress. You may also learn more about Sarasota Orthopedic Associates or schedule an appointment on our website at www.SOA.md .
At this time of year we think about the year left behind, reflecting on our accomplishments and wondering about things we wish we had done. Each new year prompts us to set new goals, but what about our “bucket list” … those wishes and dreams we wouldn’t normally be able to do, or even things we say “maybe someday I really will do that”?
We asked some of our SOA staff “what’s on YOUR bucket list?”; what is that one thing that would fulfill your dream? We had some interesting conversations. The number one generic answer was the desire to travel and there were specific locations: Alaska, Austria, Germany, Italy, Africa, and Paris. Some were more detailed like seeing the Great Wall of China or the Grand Canyon. There were interesting thoughts like “fill my passport” and “live on a cruise ship” and “the more places I see, the more places I want to go” and “see the Aurora Borealis” and “a road trip with no particular destination”.
See if you share in these other SOA staff responses:
- Hang gliding
- Hot air balloon ride
- Learn a musical instrument
- Invent something
- Reconnect with old friends from long ago
- Do more woodworking
- Participate in live theatre on stage
- Be able to carry a tune
- Finish college
- Have my own business
- Backpack across Europe for a year and live among the locals
- Culinary school
- Learn a language
- Be a firefighter
- Go sport fishing
- Reinvent myself
- Be a mentor
- Volunteer; pay it forward; do something without expecting something in return
- Make photography more of a thing rather than a hobby
So how about joining the conversation? What would be appealing to you? What would make your life more interesting? How will YOU change the world? What’s on YOUR bucket list? Share your dreams with us. Better yet, get out there and DO it!