The New Year is here and we are ready to challenge ourselves in beginning a healthy lifestyle.
At Sarasota Orthopedic Associates, this week marks the launch of our “Biggest Loser” 12 week staff challenge. We’ve designed a plan of weekly events to motivate #TeamSOA in a quest to lose pounds and get fit. During our first week we will calculate the group total goal of pounds we aim to lose, and, over the course of the challenge we will monitor our group progress. We KNOW we can accomplish this important mission!
If you plan on having your workplace organize a healthy lifestyle challenge, we’re sharing some of our ideas with you. Here are some highlights of our 12 week journey:
- Goal setting kickoff.
- Lunchtime group walks … the weather is perfect at this time of year in Florida for us to get outside in the fresh air!
- Weekly boot camps after work with our physical therapy team leaders.
- Weekly tips to keep us on track.
- Healthy recipes to share.
- Heart Healthy Potlucks– portion controlled!
- Discounts at local gyms and retail stores.
- Weekend friend walking groups.
- Weekly weigh-ins to track % loss.
- PRIZES for top the 3 Biggest Losers based on percentage weight loss.
- SUPPORTING EACH OTHER!
So how about it? Let’s get fit together. Follow and “like” us on our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/srqsoa or on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/soasrq to check our progress. You may also learn more about Sarasota Orthopedic Associates or schedule an appointment on our website at www.SOA.md .